Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The adventures of unprofessional nose piercing.

I used to despise nose piercings, but lately I've become less narrow-minded, I suppose, because I recently decided I wanted one. They look rad on certain people, so I thought, "hey, why not?" 
Yesterday, a couple of friends and I went to the mall via bus (that's another story for another time.. I loathe everything about public transit) and I bought some nose rings with the intent of piercing my nose myself. 
I've pierced my ears myself a number of times (ten, actually) and only one of the ten went horribly wrong - it ripped out while I was pulling my hair away from my face - so I decided a 90% success rate of putting holes in my face area was a good one. After a good discussion of which side it should be on and where exactly it should be, a friend sterilized an 18 g. sewing needle, washed her hands and a attempted to stick it in my right nostril. She bitched and stopped when the needle was half way through, complaining she might hurt me. Really? I'm as tough as a bag of nails.
 So then one of her friend's came in and gave it a shot. He did it, left the needle in for two or so minutes and then took it out. The damn hole closed before he could get the nose ring in. I was getting severely frustrated at this point. He tried again, and success. The nose ring was tough to get in, but eventually it was in place. And damn, it looks good.

So yeah, that's the story of how some random stranger pierced my nose with a needle in a college dorm room. Have a nice day, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment