Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The like of my life.

Tyler <3
A couple of years ago, I saw this guy taking pictures at a football game and it was like at first sight. I'm still not exactly sure why I thought of him so highly, but I did. Over the months, he didn't know I existed, until I added him on the then-popular social networking site, MySpace. I fawned over his photography, and then got with the program and joined Facebook. We started talking, and I discovered we had everything in common. It freaked me the hell out. We talked for awhile, and then this past summer I interned at a small circulation newspaper he worked at. I was rude to him at first, because I guess that's how I show affection. Some coworkers and I even banded together to mess up his desk while he was gone for a week, all because I wanted to make him mad and laugh at the same time. We started hanging out every day after work. We slacklined, we drove out to the middle of nowhere and took pictures, he showed me one of his favorite spots in the area, and we sat in the grass and talked. Then one day we were slacklining in the park, and then decided to go to one of the baseball diamonds and lie down to look at the stars. We did so, and after a little while, he asked if he could kiss me. My emotions were going crazy, I didn't know what to do and I ultimately rejected him, explaining that I was going to move four hours away and I didn't want to get involved in a long-distance relationship. All I had wanted for so long was dangling right in front of my face and I was pushing it away. I realized that if we both wanted to make it work, we could. So I kissed him back and here we are, roughly three months later. We're still together, despite the distance, and I couldn't be happier. I'm crazy for him and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way. I see him every weekend or every other weekend and every time I see his smile, it warms my heart. I like the hell out of him and I can't imagine being as happy as I am with anyone else.

Don't leave your desk vacant for a week when a girl has a crush on you.

1 comment: