Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Stop making it so complicated.

Okay, I have something to admit. My recent motto has been, "stop making it so complicated" as per the title, and I haven't really been following it at all. Let me back up.



I've been really angry at people who aren't happy. Sure, maybe sometimes shit happens and people get upset. I completely understand that. We've all been there. What that doesn't mean is it's okay to stay upset. I always think of how awesome my life is when I'm down. 

Here's a little list:

1. I have a free education.
2. I'm creative.
3. I'm talented.
4. I have a roof over my head.
5. I have food and clean water in my belly.
6. I have clothes on my back.
7. I have a great family who supports me.
8. I have this awesome boyfriend who loves me.


The list obviously goes on and on and on...

Anyway. I'm going to be a hypocrite now.
    Recently, I have decided I might not want to write for a living, and it's kind of tearing me apart.
    For years, I knew in my heart I wanted to write for a newspaper or a magazine for the rest of my life. Everyone always told me, "you're young still; you'll probably change your mind over and over again." I never believed a word they said. I always thought I would beat the odds, know exactly what I wanted to do and stick with it for the rest of my life.
    Now I have no idea what I want to do. I'm inspired by art, and that's all I know, but we all know it's close to impossible, or at the very least, extremely difficult, to make a career in the art field. I just don't know what to do. I feel stuck. 
I can't help but make everything so complicated.
What do I do? :/

No comments:

Post a Comment