Monday, May 14, 2012

Freshman no more

While I've been lounging around with my boyfriend for the past couple of days, I decided it's time for a new blog post. I've been preoccupied with finals and writing papers, so I'm sorry for the delay. I'm officially done with my freshman year of college and I couldn't be more stoked. I got As and Bs!

I'd like to revisit some memorable moments:

1. The time I broke my nose.
I was sending a message to Tyler on my phone and walking simultaneously on the first Thursday I had lived in Albuquerque. I happened to get lost while I was typing away, so I lifted my head and realized that, to my surprise, I had walked pretty far off campus. How? To this day, I still have no idea. Anyway, I started walking towards UNM again and began to read a message from Tyler. When I was replying to his message, I walked face first into a street light pole. I was in so much pain. My eyes immediately started to overflow with tears and with my luck, the two bus stops that happened to be right next to me were full of people. I was so embarrassed, but luckily no one laughed. I ran away and checked my nose in the mirror -- it was black and blue already! I took some pain pills, bought an ice pack and called it a day. A couple of days later, I visited my cousin. We played basketball, but decided to stop when the ball hit me in the face. I saw a doctor on campus a couple of days later and got an x-ray or my face. She showed me the x-ray, said it was broken, prescribed me some extreme pain pills and the rest is history.

2. The time Tyler and I went camping.
Tyler and I drove for what seemed like hours. We finally arrived to a campground and that's when we realized it was labor day weekend. There were no open spaces, so we decided to camp in an unmarked spot not too far away. When it was time for bed, we aired up the air mattress only to find we hadn't packed a cap, so the air kept escaping from it. We slept on the ground, and it was the worst night of sleep I have ever experienced, but I still had a wonderful time.

3. The time when my refrigerator was my only friend.
That was pretty much all this past semester, unfortunately, but that's okay. I studied harder this semester than I had the one before, and if my social life had to be punched in the gut for it, I'm okay with that.

4. The time Tyler sent me roses.
January 19th was mine and Tyler's six monthiversary. I had received a call from an unknown number, but answered anyway. It was a woman from a flower shop looking where to drop some flowers off. Tyler bought me three roses in a vase and had them delivered to me. How romantic!

And many more times...

Now I'm lounging around watching Desperate Housewives while Tyler edits videos and takes pictures.This summer going to be stuffed with working at the paper, sewing, mine and Tyler's one year anniversary, my birthday and having fun. Have a nice summer, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment