Saturday, August 11, 2012

Albuquerque!

There's some new kids in Duke City. Home of the television show Breaking Bad, Balloon Fiesta, the Sandia Mountains and a butt load of hipsters, Albuquerque, the sixth fastest growing city in the US, is where Tyler and I have decided to reside together for the next three years (at least). I'm going to school in little over a week and I'm pretty excited about it. I have changed my major recently, as many of you know, to secondary education. I know what you're thinking. "Oh Elizabeth, I thought you hated children and ate them for breakfast?" Not the case. Of course I don't hate children; I will just never have any of my own. Ever.

Tyler and I have been going on a plethora of walks around campus. We've heard a lot of stories about the neighborhood and how not-so-crime-free it is, but we haven't experienced anything to scare us away just yet. 

My brother, sister and nephew visited us this past week, as they (my brother and sister; not my three-year-old nephew) went to a KISS and Motley Crue concert. Not exactly my cup of tea, but they seemed to have fun. After the concert, they came to the apartment with a huge McDonald's bag and yelled, "That *explicit* concert was *explicit* awesome! You *explicit* missed out!" If Jude, my nephew Tyler and I were watching, wasn't asleep at the time, I probably would have responded instead of angrily storming off to bed.

Today Tyler and I went bouldering at the base of the Sandias! It was loads of fun. I'm super weak and junk, so I sucked eggs, but it was still fun.
Here's a picture!


Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment