Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Que sera sera.

Got a new camera.







Last night, I went on a three hour walk to take pictures of things around the campus. I took pictures of places I didn't even know existed; this campus is huge! When I returned to my dorm, I got a call from Joslyn to go eat dinner at this awesome Japanese restaurant with her, her marine boyfriend who's on leave, and a few other friends. I showed up at her dorm about an hour later and asked where everyone was and she told me I was the only one who was able to make it. Basically, I was going to be the third wheel. Awesome. Good thing I brought my camera along to make things even more awkward. When I got back from Japanese Kitchen, Chode was on Skype with her parents.. Yet again. She continued talking to them until three in the morning.. YET AGAIN. I don't think I have ever felt so angry or frustrated in my life. To make things worse, she started to get tired, and whenever Chode gets tired, her voice gets really rough-sounding as if she ate a bag of gravel. It's one of the most annoying sounds in the world, a mighty close runner-up to her obnoxious laugh. I finally fell asleep around 3:30 and then woke up around five because apparently her snoring resembles the sound of an angry grizzly. I bought earplugs awhile back, and use them frequently, but I wish I didn't have to. Talk about annoying sounds, this girl really knows how to pry under my skin with them. This morning at 8:44, Chloe yelled, "LIZ! Don't you have a class?!" I immediately woke up because and my nine o'clock class was all the way across campus. I slipped on the first pants I could find, which were the jeans I wore yesterday, I ran my brush through my messy hair, thanked Chode for waking me up, jumped down the flight of stairs and ran to my class. I got there at 8:53. Nine minutes to "get ready" and run across campus? I call that a definite success. What I couldn't help thinking, though, was why did I bother to thank Hodey for waking me up when it was her fault I slept so late in the first place? Never in a million years would I confront her about her late-night Skype calls, but Tyler convinced me to via multiple text messages. I pushed aside my hatred of confrontation and worked up the courage to talk to her. It went way better than I expected, and now I regret not talking to her about it sooner. She even offered me some sort of Hawaiian candy, Li Hing Mui Rainbow Belts, which I just tried: amazing. Maybe her and I are going to be best friends. (Meh.) Another good thing that happened today was getting a package in the mail from my uncle Charlie and my aunt Sandy. It was a popcorn canister from The Popcorn Factory full of popcorn, candy, pretzels and some cookies. I stuffed those cookies in my mouth as if there was an unreleased Tupac verse at the bottom of the bag.
Have a nice day, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment